Teacher & Parent Workshops
- Are your foundation phase teachers coming across more and more reading and spelling problems?
- Do your foundation phase teachers need SACE points?
- Do your preschool teachers know the ins and outs of phonological awareness and the role it plays in setting a child up for reading success?
- Give your grade 1-3 PARENTS the tools to help their little readers at home
A workshop for Preschool Teachers
- Covers the phonological awareness skills preschool children need to become reading fluent in the foundation phase. Many reading struggles can be attributed to a poor phonological base.
- Children need to hear sounds and be able to work with sounds before they see letters in print.
Literacy instruction tips and tools that gets results
A workshop for grade 1 - 3 Teachers
This workshop is needed now more than ever as many children in mainstream education present with reading and spelling challenges.
- phonological awareness skills
- visual and auditory drills
- blending drills
- order to teach phonics
- 6 types of syllables that will change the way teachers see spelling
- Sight word drills and games
- Benefits of using rhymes, visual cues and kinaesthetic movement to help all students become readers.
- This workshop is for anyone teaching children to read one on one or in small groups.
- I take you through a typical remedial reading lesson that gets results.
- Your client’s parents will thank you!
- Let Raising Readers show parents how to help their dependent reader grow into an independent reader.
- I go into what can be done at home to assist with the reading process
- The school-child-parent relationship is vital for reading skills to flourish
Sponsor a teacher training
- Does your school support an underprivileged school?
- Would you like to empower their foundation phase teachers or preschool teachers with more skills to improve reading?
- Would you like to see their reading scores improve?
- Then sponsor a teacher training session with Raising Readers and the school you support.